Cleaning the bottom of the water area
Specialists of the Center for Humanitarian Demining and Special Works will conduct a full range of works on inspection and cleaning of the water area (demining) from explosive and other foreign objects. We carry out a sonar survey of the seabed. We use modern technical means and methods of side-scan sonar survey, geomagnetic survey with a towed magnetometer, diving equipment and machinery.
Bottom cleaning objectivesComplex cleaning of the water area bottom is aimed at search and extraction of undesirable objects, usually located in the coastal zone. They include both non-dangerous remains of different objects, constructions, domestic and construction waste, stumps, logs, snags, scrap metal and explosive objects of industrial or military use. Water area cleaning works are required in the following cases:
- if there is suspicion of explosive objects (EOD) underwater;
- before laying underwater utility routes, as well as when repairing them;
- in the construction of structures partially placed below water level
- before the beginning of the beach season or the expansion of existing beach boundaries.
Stages of clearing and demining the water areaCleaning the bottom of the water area (demining) includes:
- an on-board sonar and magnetometer survey of the area to determine the presence of large objects and metal accumulations underwater;
- detailing of the ground with probe metal detectors and mapping of detected objects with satellite transmitters;
- diving for direct visual examination of the bottom, collecting small debris and fixing the large to lift it mechanically. If there are explosive objects in the water area they are demined directly on the spot or remotely detonated
- Drawing up a report on the conducted diving survey and bottom cleaning.